Snackbar Confidential / Art Au Go-Go !

ARTWORK and PAINTINGS by LANCE LAURIE. WWW.ARTAUGOGO.COM ARTWORK ALWAYS FOR SALE! Search me on E-Bay; seller name konga5

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Vintage Reference Photos!


This black & white photos were shot in NYC in the 1950's and were purposely made to be used for paperback book cover art. I got these from a local artist who actually did many cover paintings back in the day. Before he died, he sold all his stuff off to local collectors and dealers. I have been using these photos as painting references for about 10 years now. Aside from something very spiritual about the photographs (to me anyway), they are beautifully lit, shot and are not "touched-up". As noted before: I do not TRACE images...I only "eyeball" photographs to get general proportions and shadowing correct.
TRIVIA:One of the models used in the photos at the time was actress Barbara Nichols--who's most famous role would be the "Twenty-Two" episode of The Twilight Zone "Room for one more, Honey". Also; some of the model fees were listed on back "$25.00 per hour"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home