Snackbar Confidential / Art Au Go-Go !

ARTWORK and PAINTINGS by LANCE LAURIE. WWW.ARTAUGOGO.COM ARTWORK ALWAYS FOR SALE! Search me on E-Bay; seller name konga5

Friday, December 01, 2006

Art Studio After Midnight ..........



This is another studio shot and a picture of the "idea board". It's just like a cork bulletin board but BETTER! Mainly serves two purposes: to hold the small raw thumb-nail sketch of what a painting might be; and also to hold any important reference pictures. If I get the idea to do a painting of a woman's disembodied head in a Windex bottle, I will try to have: 1) a good photograph of a head. 2) a real Windex bottle. NOTE: I never, ever TRACE photographs OR project them onto the painting surface to attain any sort of realism. Any realistic characteristics featured within my paintings is purely by accident!