Snackbar Confidential / Art Au Go-Go !

ARTWORK and PAINTINGS by LANCE LAURIE. WWW.ARTAUGOGO.COM ARTWORK ALWAYS FOR SALE! Search me on E-Bay; seller name konga5

Friday, December 01, 2006

Snackbar Confidential Zine Pile-Up !



This is every issue of the zine that I do; Snackbar Confidential. There are only about 15 issues but then as a joke I started accelerating the numbers ...up to the 500's! (The RED one in the center is the very FIRST issue from way back in 1997)So now the new issues are actually going back DOWN in numbers. When I get back to #1, I will cease publication. I started it in 1997 after seeing other people's zines. My main influences back then were Psychotronic Video, Thrift Score, Psychoholics Unanimous and 8-Track Mind. I used to get them and many others delivered to my P.O. box and (during the summer) would haul them with me and read them on the beach.
Sadly, the internet killed paper zines! By 2002 most of them were gone. With blogs like this one, why bother to sit down with a pair of siccors, a jar of rubber cement and a pile of xeroxes? Well, for one thing; with a tangible paper zine you can bring them to the beach, on a crowded subway or laundromat. You can slip them under doors or drop them inconspicuously in coffee shops or bars. These are things that you might NOT want to do with your iBook or PowerBook! ( if you're looking at the photo and saying to yourself "Oh, I need that one, and I don't have that one......." Don't worry. I reprint all the old articles in my yearly "Best of...." issue.