Snackbar Confidential / Art Au Go-Go !

ARTWORK and PAINTINGS by LANCE LAURIE. WWW.ARTAUGOGO.COM ARTWORK ALWAYS FOR SALE! Search me on E-Bay; seller name konga5

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THRIFT SCORE, FEB. 20, 2008 !

Today's "score" had nothing really outstanding about
it except for how much I had spent ($35.29 !).
It was "blue tag is half off day" so I did take
advantage. The main culprit in this heavy tab was a pair of no-foolin'-around-real-as-can-be
cop/S.W.A.T. /uniform pants in my size! Navy blue with lots of snaps, mini-pockets and such.
The pants alone were $10.99 (and not "half-off Blue Tag" either) , but I could not pass these up; they would even be good for an e-Bay re-sale, but I don't think I'm not gonna sell until I see how they actually look on me first (I did not try them on in the store). I also go a nice white Ralph Lauren shirt; casual with pin-stripes and some sort of fine woven in texture/pattern and one unusual selling point--the buttons end midway down, so the shirt is a pull-over. I dig Ralph Lauren dress and casual button down shirts ! They are always roomy and comfortable even for us "husky" sized guys. They don't wrinkle (!) or fade and last forever. I only buy them from thrifts stores because new ,they cost $29.99 to $49.99 ...even at boring budget outlets like T.J. Max Marshall's!! Yikes! The second button down shirt in this score is a simple Arrow shirt, no big deal but it's a great "electric blue" color. Arrow shirts are not expensive at Marshall's either. I also snatched up a bunch of t-shirts, all plain or pocket (Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Old Navy, etc.). The last time I was in Kohl's they were running a color pocket-T shirt sale. There was no price on the rack, but they had every color in the universe. I picked out eight different colors and went to check-out. To my shock, the shirts were a little over $6.00 each ! I was like , "F*** this, I'm only buying color pocket T's second hand from now on!". So today I snagged some in my favorite standard colors black, red, blue, white. Two of the shirts still had the folds and tape from just being taken out of a package (never used! ) as well! The shirts were all half-off so I paid from .50 cents to $1.50 each. Winding down, I picked up a Playboy aluminum beer stein/mug merely to sell on e-Bay and re-coop the cost of today's shopping spree; I know vintage Playboy collectibles can do pretty well, however the .99 cent beer stein I bought today was on there already by a multitude of sellers with the same one I had, and no bids at 1 to 5 dollars each. Oh well, now I have a Playboy "pencil holder" on my desk at work. Next; a VHS tape of the Brady Bunch Movie for .99 cents. I saw this movie when it was new and thought the plot was nothing short of painful ! The cast on the Brady dad & boys side were mediocre but the Brady mother & girls were incredible replicas (so was Alice!). I also was fascinated at how they re-created the set. 99. cents is cheaper than any rental, so I'll watch it once and toss it. My last out-the-door item is a small 3" plastic bust of classical Baroque composer ( George Fredreic) Handel (!?). His face is poorly sculpted so he looks a little like an alien from one of the Star Wars movies. For the .99 price tag, it will make a great gag gift for someone! If the S.W.A.T. pants make me look fat, and I sell them on e-Bay, and report the final selling price here:


*YOU MAY CLICK TO ENLARGE SCORE PHOTOS*





2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a spree!
I
want
those
pants.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - you really made out! I like the way you arranged the blue with the Brady Bunch Movie in the first photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home