Snackbar Confidential / Art Au Go-Go !

ARTWORK and PAINTINGS by LANCE LAURIE. WWW.ARTAUGOGO.COM ARTWORK ALWAYS FOR SALE! Search me on E-Bay; seller name konga5

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Painting From High School (1979)


LOVE IT TO DEATH!
acrylic on canvas
panel. Early painting by me done at Northport High School in 1979.
18 x 20". As with most naive art I used the paint "straight out of the tube"--which always makes things look sort of tacky (not that I'm above "tacky"). Always the "late bloomer" , I started listening to Alice Cooper in the later 1970's when he was quite out-of-fashion and in-rehab. In retrospect; I love the pre-"Welcome To My Nightmare" stuff-- (and possibly the pre- "School's Out" stuff MORE!). Salvador Dali loved Alice Cooper and was quoted "This is what I would do if I were a rock star".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home