Snackbar Confidential / Art Au Go-Go !

ARTWORK and PAINTINGS by LANCE LAURIE. WWW.ARTAUGOGO.COM ARTWORK ALWAYS FOR SALE! Search me on E-Bay; seller name konga5

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Has Anybody Seen My Old Friend Polly ?


















My family was mostly Italian, so growing up, we had the required Sunday-Italian dinners. Polly-O was the most popular national brand of Ricotta Cheese and was always present in our kitchen. I loved that Parrot character who was almost kooky enough to be on a cereal box! Well folks....he's gone. On your next trip to the dairy isle, look at the new Polly-O containers and see for yourself. Another sneaky move by a major company discarding a mascot in favor of...I don't know...a new generic look? When did this happen? The dreaded 1980's, naturally! (Tropicana did it with the little Hawiian girl mascot on the container) . Write to the company and complain: wwwkraftfoods.com